Grand Opening! Center for Nature Informed Therapy
Join us for an extravaganza of all things nature and wellness. The fun will include a keynote lecture on nature informed mental health, demo sessions, refreshments, music, and a silent auction.
The Center for Nature Informed Therapy is a clinical mental health organization that specializes in integrating the natural world into psychotherapy through nature informed counseling and group programs.
Welcome to Chesapeake Mental Health Collaborative! We are a therapeutic practice conveniently located off 695 on Dulaney Valley Road in Towson Maryland. CMHC provides a full range of integrated mental health services to help those suffering from anxiety, depression, trauma, loss and other mental health issues. Along with therapy CMHC also provides a unique blend of outdoor activities, workshops, classes, and retreats to the community. Our professional team is dedicated to improving your mental health, and your overall wellness. If you are currently struggling, we can collaborate with you to help regain balance.
What We Offer
Under the leadership of the clinical director, Heidi Schreiber-Pan, PhD., LCPC, CMHC has worked hard to establish a highly effective therapeutic team composed of professional counselors, social workers, and psychiatric nurse practitioners. Each clinician at CMHC views helping others as a life calling and is dedicated to providing the best care possible.
Licensed by the State of Maryland
Flexible Scheudle and Payment Options
Continued Education and Training
Caring and Ready to Help!
- Apr 06, 6:00 PM – May 11, 7:30 PMTalmar Grounds at Cromwell Valley Park, 1994 Cromwell Bridge Rd, Parkville, MD 21234, USANature-Informed Stress Reduction is a 6-week program that integrates nature connection and mindfulness with other resiliency practices to assist people with stress, anxiety, depression and pain. The course is led by a team of Therapists and Coaches. Held Every Tuesday, from April 6- May 11th, 6-7.
- Apr 28, 7:30 PM – 8:30 PMOnline Via ZoomHave you tried to meditate but failed? Or found meditation too hard? Don't worry, we have the cure for you. Nature-based meditation. In this presentation we will discuss how nature can help us create a lasting meditation practice. Led by Dr. Heidi Schreiber-Pan and Kate Gerwin.
- May 01, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PMPuh'tok in the Pines, 17433 Big Falls Rd, Monkton, MD 21111, USAGrief in the Wild allows for a safe space where people can gain tools to cope with the pain of loss. We'll explore resources to call upon when feelings of grief seem overwhelming. This day retreat will provide a place to connect with others and the natural world.
- May 03, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PMIrvine Nature Center, 11201 Garrison Forest Rd, Owings Mills, MD 21117, USAA regular dose of awe has shown to have magnificent effects on positive mood as well as physical wellness. In this 90-minute guided walk/hike, we will explore and experience the science and spirituality of awe. Proceeds donated to a fund that supports nature programming and eco-therapy.
- May 05, 5:00 PM – Jun 09, 6:15 PMLocal trails within 20 minutes of Towson.Hiking for mental health is a six-week program that integrates nature connection with mindfulness and other resiliency practices to assist people with stress, anxiety, depression and pain.
- Jun 18, 1:00 PM EDT – Jun 20, 4:00 PM EDTMichaux State Forest, Michaux State Forest, Menallen Township, PA 17307, USAA gentle introduction to backpacking. The weekend is designed to teach you what you need to know about backpacking and being safe in the backcountry. In addition, the program is designed to integrate mindfulness and other wellness practices to help the weekend be a true boost in mental wellbeing.
- Jul 14, 7:00 PM – Jul 28, 8:30 PMOnline VIA ZoomThe Enneagram, a powerful and dynamic personality system, provides us very practical tools and insights for transformation, allowing us to live our fullest lives. Join Bev on July 14th, 21st, and 28th from 7:00-8:30pm.
- RSVP ClosedApr 18, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PMPuh'tok in the Pines, 17433 Big Falls Rd #1121, Monkton, MD 21111, USACenter for Nature Informed Therapy will host an open house for the community. All are invited to join in the festivities, which will include a keynote lecture on nature informed mental health, demo sessions, refreshments, music, and a silent auction.
Give the Gift of Nature
Most of CMHC's nature programs are not covered by insurance. To provide access to anyone who desires to explore peace through the power of nature, please consider donating to CMHC Nature Programs Scholarship Fund