Grand Opening! Center for Nature Informed Therapy
Join us for an extravaganza of all things nature and wellness. The fun will include a keynote lecture on nature informed mental health, demo sessions, refreshments, music, and a silent auction.
The Center for Nature Informed Therapy is a clinical mental health organization that specializes in integrating the natural world into psychotherapy through nature informed counseling and group programs.
Welcome to Chesapeake Mental Health Collaborative! We are a therapeutic practice conveniently located off 695 on Dulaney Valley Road in Towson Maryland. CMHC provides a full range of integrated mental health services to help those suffering from anxiety, depression, trauma, loss and other mental health issues. Along with therapy CMHC also provides a unique blend of outdoor activities, workshops, classes, and retreats to the community. Our professional team is dedicated to improving your mental health, and your overall wellness. If you are currently struggling, we can collaborate with you to help regain balance.
What We Offer
Under the leadership of the clinical director, Heidi Schreiber-Pan, PhD., LCPC, CMHC has worked hard to establish a highly effective therapeutic team composed of professional counselors, social workers, and psychiatric nurse practitioners. Each clinician at CMHC views helping others as a life calling and is dedicated to providing the best care possible.
Licensed by the State of Maryland
Flexible Scheudle and Payment Options
Continued Education and Training
Caring and Ready to Help!
- Mar 09, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PMOnline VIA ZoomLearn the ins and outs of having difficult conversations with family members, friends, and others. Life's tragedies often push us into uncharted territory when it comes to helping our loved ones through grief, anger, and turbulent emotions. Seminar held by a professional counselor.
- Mar 11, 5:15 PM – Apr 08, 6:30 PM10517 Pot Spring Rd, 10517 Pot Spring Rd, Cockeysville, MD 21030, USAThis men's group will promote psychological wellness, physical movement, and improved engagement with the natural world amidst what is typically considered to be the more restless part of winter (further exacerbated by COVID-related isolation).
- Mar 20, 9:00 AM – 2:00 PMOnline VIA ZoomIn these challenging global times, it is important to re-center, find balance, and peace. What better time to do that then on the equinox, when day and night are of approximately equal length. Come join Certified Mindfulness Meditation Teacher and CMHC mindfulness coach, Phillip Mcknight...
- Apr 18, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PMPuh'tok in the Pines, 17433 Big Falls Rd #1121, Monkton, MD 21111, USACenter for Nature Informed Therapy will host an open house for the community. All are invited to join in the festivities, which will include a keynote lecture on nature informed mental health, demo sessions, refreshments, music, and a silent auction.
- May 01, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PMPuh'tok in the Pines, 17433 Big Falls Rd, Monkton, MD 21111, USAGrief in the Wild allows for a safe space where people can gain tools to cope with the pain of loss. We'll explore resources to call upon when feelings of grief seem overwhelming. This day retreat will provide a place to connect with others and the natural world.
- May 03, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PMIrvine Nature Center, 11201 Garrison Forest Rd, Owings Mills, MD 21117, USAA regular dose of awe has shown to have magnificent effects on positive mood as well as physical wellness. In this 90-minute guided walk/hike, we will explore and experience the science and spirituality of awe. Proceeds donated to a fund that supports nature programming and eco-therapy.
- May 21, 9:00 AM – 10:00 AMOnline VIA ZoomIn this experiential workshop, you will learn what it means to “bloom in the dark” and will be provided with empirically-based principles and strategies for transforming through adversity. Just as some flowers require the dark to bloom, there
- Wednesday's, 4:00-5:15, 05/05-06/09Local trails within 20 minutes of Towson.Hiking for mental health is a six-week program that integrates nature connection with mindfulness and other resiliency practices to assist people with stress, anxiety, depression and pain.
- Tuesday's, April 6- May 11, 6:00-7:30pmTalmar Grounds at Cromwell Valley Park, 1994 Cromwell Bridge Rd, Parkville, MD 21234, USANature-Informed Stress Reduction (NISR) is a 6-week program that integrates nature connection and mindfulness with other resiliency practices to assist people with stress, anxiety, depression and pain. The course is led by a team of Psychotherapists and Mindfulness Coaches.
- Sold OutMar 03, 5:00 PM – 6:00 PMPlease see Zoom link below.The Clinical Director of Chesapeake Mental Health Collaborative, Dr. Schreiber-Pan has dedicated her life to improving people’s mental health. Through nature-based research she has improved upon our understanding of nature’s ability to help individuals reduce anxiety and depression.
- Sold OutFeb 24, 7:30 PM – 8:15 PM ESTLink sent VIA ZoomLive stream with us on the last Wednesday of each month for a 45 minute conversation on the intersection of the natural world and psychological well-being. If you already signed up in January no need to sign up again.
Give the Gift of Nature
Most of CMHC's nature programs are not covered by insurance. To provide access to anyone who desires to explore peace through the power of nature, please consider donating to CMHC Nature Programs Scholarship Fund