Tue, Mar 26|
Nature Informed Therapy Training Program (Spring 2024)
19.5 CEUs, Nature Informed Therapy Certificate is a training program for individuals who want to integrate nature into mental health counseling. This 3-month experiential workshop will introduce Nature Informed Therapy practices for clinicians and demonstrate techniques for wide range of clients.
Time & Location
Mar 26, 2024, 9:00 AM – Mar 28, 2024, 5:00 PM
Camp Puh'Tok, 17433 Big Falls Rd #1121, Monkton, MD 21111
About the Event
Nature Informed Therapy Training: Integrating Nature into your Clinical Practice
For individuals who want to integrate nature and mental health, the course provides 19.5 CEUs for professional counselors through the NBCC.
To become a certified Nature Informed Therapist and be listed in our national directory, students must attend the 3-day live course and the 3-month online mentoring program.
Dates: Takes place as an intensive course on Apr 9, 10, and 11. From 9:00 AM-5:00 PM.
Three follow-up online meetings will take place in the following months.
Location: Camp Puh'Tok, 17433 Big Falls Rd #1121, Monkton, MD 21111
Lead Facilitators: Heidi Schreiber-Pan, Ph.D., LCPC, NCC; Zoe Jack, MS, LCSW-C; Anne Contee LCPC
Description: Numerous studies point to the healing benefits of exposure to the natural world as a healing method. Many mental health professionals are seeing the benefits of incorporating the natural world into their practices. Yet, many therapists feel unsure of the logistics of taking their clients outside, limiting the potential for additional healing opportunities for the client. Using proven methods that Nature Informed Therapy is clinically shown to benefit human physical and emotional well-being, Nature Informed Therapy methods are now being used for treating depression and anxiety. This 3-day experiential workshop will introduce Nature Informed Therapy practices for clinicians and demonstrate techniques for offering these to a wide range of clients. Participants will receive an overview of significant research findings and learn how to assess a client for Nature Informed Therapy. Learn how to choose appropriate therapy locations, discover suitable therapeutic approaches, and master the practical elements of getting you and your clients into the natural world. Furthermore, participants will receive a Starter Kit to launch your own Nature Informed therapy practice. Sign up today and learn how to apply Nature Informed Therapy practices to your patient population with simple but effective techniques. Feel rejuvenated in the benefits that these practices provide for the clinician as well as the client.
By the end of the Nature Informed Therapy Training three-day intensive, participants will be able to:
1. Summarize current research in the field of Nature Informed mental health
2. Assess specific populations, diagnoses, and treatment goals (loneliness, grief, etc.) that are well suited for Nature Informed therapy
3. Assess the client's fit for Nature Informed therapy, including understanding how a client's nature autobiography and genealogy influence their relationship to nature
4. Evaluate appropriate locations for Nature Informed therapy and how to prepare for sessions, including safety considerations, appropriate gear, etc.
5. Administer an Ecological History Assessment and Ecological Wellness Evaluation for a new or existing client
6. Apply suitable Nature Informed therapeutic approaches and interventions based on a client's treatment goals
7. Perform an effective risk assessment of outdoor environments
8. Integrate ethical and legal considerations specific to Nature Informed work into the practice of Nature Informed therapy
9. Apply activities that use metaphor, ritual, and ceremony
10. Describe how considerations of race, culture, ethnicity, and gender influence a client's relationship to nature and how a therapist uses this understanding to inform appropriate Nature Informed therapy interventions
11. Describe how Attachment Theory & Inter(personal) Neurobiology are ways of calming the nervous system and encouraging nature bonding
- Price includes tent camping. On-campus glamping cabins are available at $25/night (with indoor bathrooms).
- Please contact our main office with any questions at 410-567-1117 extension 3
- We offer the interest-free installment payment option. Please email email@example.com to set up the installment option.
- Use NITEARLY to get a 20% early bird discount, book by Feb 1st for the 2023 Spring course!