Tue, Jun 20|
Loch Raven Reservoir, Merryman trail
Bringing it all into Focus: Mindfulness through Nature Photography
Join Photographer Payton Pan and Dr. Heidi Schreiber-Pan, Ph.D., LCPC, ACS in a two session course finding mindfulness tools that work for you, while becoming intimate with your camera and relearning how to see the natural world around you.
Time & Location
Jun 20, 6:30 PM EDT – Jun 27, 8:30 PM EDT
Loch Raven Reservoir, Merryman trail , 10517 Pot Spring Rd, Cockeysville, MD 21030, USA
About the Event
This is a two session course on June 20th & June 27th from 6:30pm-8:30pm. Attendees will be introduced to mindfulness and the basics of photography, by learning how to:
- get to know your own camera and basic settings
- use your camera in practicing mindfulness
- slow down and bring the outside world into focus
- invite a sense of curiosity of the outside world
- manipulate shutter speeds to capture slices of time
- vary your perspective through composition
- find impact in your subjects
- communicate effectively with your viewer
- cultivate a sense of awe and be one with nature
- use lighting techniques to improve landscapes and outdoor photography
- photograph wildlife, through patience and mindful hiking
- stay present and positive in potentially uncomfortable conditions
Payton Pan is a Vancouver based environmental and travel photographer. He enjoys teaching the craft and experimenting with new ways to push its limits. Along with photography, Payton partakes in creative writing as well as the pursuit of most outdoor sports, namely climbing.
Dr. Heidi Schreiber-Pan is a successful psychotherapist, author, clinical director and sought-after nationwide speaker on topics of resilience, anxiety, neuroscience, and occupational burnout.
Drop in for one session$40.00