Thu, Jan 05|
Embracing Winter: Resiliency practices to power through the winter months
Join like-minded people and explore tactics for navigating what winter brings and how to get the most out of this cooler season.
Time & Location
Jan 05, 2023, 5:00 PM – Feb 09, 2023, 6:15 PM
About the Event
Description: A 6-week course that will highlight the concept of resilience which is the learned capacity to cope with the adversity of winter. We will discuss lifestyle choices that support resilience in addition to learning from the natural world and other cultures on ways to embrace cold and dark days while orienting toward light and life.
Format: Online only
- Session 1 Introduction to Embracing Winter: lifestyle choices that
- support resilience & introduction to Hygge
- Session 2 Lessons from the natural world on wintering well
- Session 3 Role of presence-practice in the wintertime
- Session 4 Lessons from World Cultures on embracing winter
- Session 5 Practices to improve social and emotional well-being for the year-to-come
- Session 6 Managing the cold, the dark and the quiet of the season