Wed, Nov 02|
Nature Informed Therapy Training Program (Fall 2022)
The Nature Informed Therapy Certificate is a training program for individuals who want to integrate nature into mental health counseling. This 3-month experiential workshop will introduce Nature Informed Therapy practices for clinicians and demonstrate techniques for a wide range of clients.
Time & Location
Nov 02, 2022, 9:00 AM – Nov 04, 2022, 5:00 PM
Camp Puh'Tok, 17433 Big Falls Rd #1121, Monkton, MD 21111
About the Event
Nature Informed Therapy Training: Integrating Nature into your Clinical Practice
For individuals who want to integrate nature and mental health, the course provides 19.5 CEUs for professional counselors through the NBCC.
To become a certified Nature Informed Therapist and be listed in our national directory, students must attend the 3-day live course and the 3-month online mentoring program.
Dates: Takes places as an intensive course on November 2, 3, and 4th. From 9:00AM-5:00PM.
Three follow up online meetings will take place in the following months.
Location : Camp Puh'Tok, 17433 Big Falls Rd #1121, Monkton, MD 21111
Lead Facilitators: Heidi Schreiber-Pan, Ph.D., LCPC, NCC; Zoe Jack, MS, LMSW; Bradford Drewniak LCPC & Phillip McKnight
Description: Numerous studies point to the healing benefits of exposure to the natural world as a healing method. Many mental health professionals are seeing the benefits of incorporating the natural world into their practices. Yet, many therapists feel unsure of the logistics of taking their clients outside, limiting the potential for additional healing opportunities for the client. Using proven methods that Nature Informed Therapy is clinically shown to benefit human physical and emotional well being, Nature Informed Therapy methods are now being used for treating depression and anxiety. This 3-day experiential workshop will introduce Nature Informed Therapy practices for clinicians and demonstrate techniques for offering these to a wide range of clients. Participants will receive an overview of significant research findings and learn how to assess a client for nature informed therapy. Learn how to choose appropriate therapy locations, discover suitable therapeutic approaches, and master the practical elements of getting you and your clients into the natural world. Furthermore, participants will receive a Starter Kit to launch your own nature informed therapy practice. Sign up today and learn how to apply Nature Informed Therapy practices to your patient population with simple but effective techniques. Feel rejuvenated in the benefits that these practices provide for the clinician as well as client.
By the end of the Nature Informed Therapy Training three day intensive, participants will be able to:
1. Summarize current research in the field of nature informed mental health
2. Assess specific populations, diagnoses, and treatment goals (loneliness, grief, etc.) that are well suited for nature informed therapy
3. Assess client's fit for nature informed therapy, including understanding how a client's nature autobiography and genealogy influence their relationship to nature
4. Evaluate appropriate locations for nature informed therapy and how to prepare for sessions, including safety considerations, appropriate gear, etc.
5. Administer an Ecological History Assessment and Ecological Wellness Evaluation for a new or existing client
6. Apply suitable nature informed therapeutic approaches and interventions based on a client's treatment goals
7. Perform an effective risk assessment of outdoor environments
8. Integrate ethical and legal considerations specific to nature informed work into the practice of nature informed therapy
9. Apply activities that use metaphor, ritual, and ceremony
10. Describe how considerations of race, culture, ethnicity and gender influence a client's relationship to nature and how a therapist uses this understanding to inform appropriate nature informed therapy interventions
11. Describe how Attachment Theory & Inter(personal) Neurobiology are ways of calming the nervous system and encouraging nature bonding
- Price includes tent camping. On campus glamping cabins available at $25/night (with indoor bathrooms).
- Please contact our main office with any questions 410-567-1117 extension 3
- We offer the interest-free installment payment option. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up the installment option.
- $100 of the charge is non-refundable, in order to reserve your spot with the venue.
This includes the 3-day in-person program plus the 3-month mentorship. Early Bird Registration applied. $100 of the charge is non-refundable, in order to reserve your spot with the venue.$1,200.00
3-day in-person training only
Early bird registration discount applied. $100 of the charge is non-refundable, in order to reserve your spot with the venue.$720.00
Optional Cabin Lodging
On-site shared cabin for 2 or 3 nights. Each cabinet can sleep up to 4 people per cabin.$80.00
On-site camping. Free. Bring your own camping gear.$0.00
Optional Camping Gear Rental
Camping gear rental for 2-3 days. Including tent, sleeping bag, sleeping mat.$40.00